certificate error with the 15.5sp2 conference creation/view

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dan_tx, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_tx

I've identified another issue with the new way of making a conferences using the windows client to launch a web browser.

The default Phone Provisioning for the 3CX windows client under "Network" is the private LAN IP address, not the DNS address. The problem with this after the change in SP2 is when launching a conference from the client the IP address is used instead of the DNS in the launched browser, causing a certificate warning in Chrome and IE that is an inconvenience for admins but worse freaks out customers/employees thinking there is something wrong with the website or application.

The workaround is to select all extensions and edit them, changing the local IP to the DNS name. I don't know enough about 3CX to know for sure, but wonder if the local IP should even be an option now after this change since you can't avoid this cert error, unless you change the client to always use the DNS name for launching the webclient.

*edit*
    see this was already posted just now. Can delete I guess since fix was mentioned in other post.

#1 dan_tx, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.