Certificate expiration ramifications/notification

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bbaker73, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

Just curious. I have a mix of both 3CX FQDN clients and self owned FQDN/certificate clients.

What all will happen in regard to 3CX server/phones if either those 3CX certificates fail to auto renew or self owned is forgotten to renew or install and expire?

Also, does the 3CX PBX monitor or send alerts for expiring or expired certificates?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @bbaker73

If the certificate of your FQDN expires you will lose the ability to use remote extensions are the connection will not be trusted. You will also get an error trying to remotely access the management console.

You will get an email if the PBX tries to renew the certificate but fails to do so. The PBX monitors the status of the certificate and will auto renew the certificate if your maintenance is valid and the expiration time approaches.

3. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

Thank Yiannis. So the alert is just if the PBX tries to renew the 3CX Let's Encrypt cert and fails? Would be nice if on self owned FQDN certs if the PBX monitored the expiration date of the installed cert and sent an alert say 15-30 days ahead of time, maybe selectable in Notifications. Would be a nice backup alert in case someone neglects to renew or install cert, as it can sometimes take a week or more to renew and get installed.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

When you are using self owned certificates the responsibility to update them falls onto you. You could however create a feature request to the ideas section of the forum where it can be upvoted by others and evaluated by the appropriate department.

bbaker73 likes this.
  5. Francisco Augusto

Since beginning of march , i cant access to webmanagement tools because the certificate was experied. How can i renew the certificate. My License 15.5.3849.1 and maintenance till 29/6/2018.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Francisco Augusto

Are you using a 3CX FQDN? Did you get an error email regarding certificate renewal failure ?

7. Francisco Augusto

Hello. Thanks , but since yesterday i can access to web management page and i did nothing. Now everything is working .

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.