• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Certificate expiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

bri

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 3CX 15.5.9348.3 installed on a Debian system, and for some reason it hasn't renewed the Let's Encrypt certificate this quarter. I got an email alerting me of the upcoming expiration date.

I was hoping someone could help me figure out why this would stop working. I believe it is likely related to me having upgraded the Debian installation, but I don't know what would have stopped it from working.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate if someone could help me work through figuring this one out! Thanks!

Best to contact 3CX about the status if it is a commercial licence and within the maintenance period, as I can think of no other reason it would do this.

If it is free check when your maintenance expires and if necessary purchase an upgrade.

Hello @bri

When will you certificate expire? Did you get an email about the renewal of the certification failing?

Hello @bri

When will you certificate expire? Did you get an email about the renewal of the certification failing?
I'm sorry, I thought I was watching the thread!

The certificate will expire on March 31. I did not get an email about a renewal failing, and upon checking /var/lib/3cxpbx/Data/Logs/PbxConfigToolRenewCertificates.log I got a lot of information that ultimately doesn't look like it's trying to renew the certificate in the first place. Obviously something is wrong here, but I'm having trouble digging to find out what.

This is a redacted (with license keys, IP addresses, and FQDN's censored) copy of PbxConfigToolRenewCertificates.log: http://termbin.com/dpdpz

If need be, I can provide the non-redacted copy upon request, but only to 3CX staff or others of the like for security reasons.

The license key we are using expires 4/26/18, and it shows a big, green "ACTIVE" on the PBX dashboard.

I'm hoping that if the certificate expires our phones won't instantly stop working, and if I don't hear back before it does I'll try and manually renew it (I use nginx and Let's Encrypt on an Ubuntu server for my personal VPS, so I'm familiar with it), but I'm really hoping to figure out what's wrong here and how to fix it.

Thank you!
Brian

Hello @bri

From the logs, I can see the following

2018/03/17 05:08:41.899|Dbg|0001| No 3cx FQDN. Skip certificate generation.

So you are using your own FQDN and you need to renew by your own the certificate

You can follow this guide
https://www.3cx.com/docs/self-hosted-instances-ssh/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.