Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Certificate file question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kevin Burns, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Burns

I am upgrading from version 14 to version 15 and I am using my own FQDN. I was wondering if during the upgrade the cert is also going to be transferred over of will I have to create a new one just for the new version. Alternatively is there a way I can download the cert from version 14 and reupload it back into version 15 during installation, and if that is possible, how would I go about doing that.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Kevin Burns

The certificate will not be carried during the upgrade process as the v14 backup does not carry the licence and FQDN. If you used a self signed certificate with v14 i would recommend using a valid certificate with v15 to avoid remote extension issues. You can use a 3CX FQDN and get a free certificate and FQDN as long as you have a valid maintenance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.