• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Certificate/Hostname Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckatterl

Forum User
Reaction score
Dear all,

I installed 3CX using our own certificate/hostname.
This works well without issues.

When I am starting a web-meeting and when I try to invite others to this webmeeting, 3CX tells me, that the meetingserver cannot connect to https://myhostname.3cx.eu:5001/myphone
Firewall settings are correct, inbound traffic on port 5001 is allowed and works. It seems, that it does not work because the hostname is different from the certificate. Our "real" hostname is my.hostname.at whereas webmeeting is using myhostname.3cx.eu (and the certificate is for my.hostname.at)

What can I do? Can i tell 3CX somehow to use my.hostname.at for this instead?

BR, Christian

Hello @ckatterl

Please note that when using your own FQDN a webmeeting FQDN is generated by 3CX using the naming convention in the following link:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/fqdn-management-allocation/
Does your webmeeting FQDN follow these rules? Can you let me know if the correct webmeeting FQDN is stated on the dashboard of the management console?

Hi,

from what i can see, the webmeeting-FQDN does not follow the rules, for whatever reason....

My PBX FQDN is communicate.mycompany.at
From what i understand, the webmeeting FQDN should then be communicate-mycompany-at.3cx.net, but in my case, it's communicatemycompany.3cx.net

I cannot remember, that i ever had to choose the webmeeting FQDN?

BR, Christian

Hello again,

i could fix the issue by reinstalling 3CX and releasing the FQDN before in the customer-portal.
Now, the FQDN is built according to the rules and everything is working.

BR, Christian

Glad the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.