Certificate - renewals

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ian.watts, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

So.. I did read the manual and searched the forums.. didn't find.

I opted to use a "3cx.us" cert signed by that Let's Encrypt CA. It expires in 90 days.. so will the system take care of the renewal.. or do I have to babysit something every quarter now?

Aside.. for our own system I used our own wildcard certificate.. which is due to expire 10/15/2016. Where and how can I renew/replace the cert? I can get my own PFX again if I renew separately from this system (and likely will.. is a wildcard and affects more than 3CX..). But.. where would I apply something new?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

For a 3CX provided certificate from Let's Encrypt the renewal is done automatically as long as you have active maintenance.

For your own certificate the way to replace it can be found in the following article assuming we are talking about V15.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/renewing-ssl-certificate/

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I noticed while installing onto a fresh OVH VPS (on Jessie) that I have the choice still.
    While good.. it did bring something to mind..

So.. I got a "free" license key after registering.. does that infer such a cert will auto-renew.. or that it will not?
    It's not on maintenance.

I went the other way and got my own Let's Encrypt certificate (certbot) to get through this test/demo box.. but did make me curious.

Aside.. the VPS held up well.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

A free key for V15 comes with one year maintenance. So for one year the certificate will renew automatically.
    After one year you have the option to buy maintenance for the free key of the certificate will expire.

5. herbst

Hi, why not use password protected *.pfx file instead of *.CRT and *.KEY?
    It is not convenient to use the crt and key files, because usually cert exported to *.pfx file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.