CFD Check Extension Status

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by oxygenit, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oxygenit

Loving the new CFD.
    I was wondering, is there a way to get an extensions status.
    I would like to check of an extension is busy, if it isn't the call will rout to it, otherwise it will go to a group.
    I will use this for our IT support company to call direct to their lead engineer.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @oxygenit,

Thanks for your feedback, currently you can do that using the 3CX Call Control API from a Launch External Script component. You have the API documentation here:
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/

I have to say that using this API from a CFD app is a bit easier than doing it from a new app you create. This is because the API is already initialized, and connected to the 3CX server, so you just need to make the call to the method you need. For example:
    PhoneSystem.Root.GetExtensions()

will return an Extension[], which you can iterate to check if your extension is busy or not.

Another option, for example to check the status of extension 100, would be calling:
    PhoneSystem.Root.GetDNByNumber("100").GetActiveConnections()

That will return an ActiveConnection[], which is empty if there is no connection on that extension.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.