CFD - route to recording in queue after 60 seconds

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Scot Busby, Sep 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scot Busby

Hello,

I am new to CFD and have build my main auto attendant to route calls based on input from the caller. When a caller lands in a queue, they will hear music on hold until answered. I am trying to modify the queue object to create a condition whereby after 60 seconds a recording is played telling them how to press 2 for a callback if they don't want to wait longer in the queue.

This seems like an easy concept, but I am not finding how I can easily setup a 60 second counter which I can use to trigger the playback option.

BTW - I am not a C# programmer, but have a basic understanding of structured programming.

Thank you!

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Scot Busby,

You can configure the queue parameter "Maximum Queue Wait Time (seconds)" to 60 seconds, and then set the queue to transfer the call to a CFD app after that time. Then, the CFD app can use a Menu component to ask the caller if they want a callback, or they want to keep waiting. If they want a callback, save the caller number somewhere (a database for example), and if they want to keep waiting you transfer the call back to the queue.

The only trade off is that if the caller wants to keep waiting, they will lose their position in the queue, because the call being transfered back to the queue will be considered a new call for that queue, and then put at the end.

Then you need another mechanism to take the calls for example from the database, and make the callbacks to customers when an agent is available. You can use a CFD dialer to do that.

Also, please note that queue statistics will show calls transfered to the CFD app as missed calls, because the maximum queue wait time is reached for those calls...

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Scot Busby

Hello @edossantos,

Thank you for the information.

I turned on the queue feature to press 2 if you want a callback (the system does this function for me), however, the issue I'm trying to solve for is to wait 60 seconds before playing a message telling the caller they can press 2 for a callback without loosing their place in the queue. The system does not give me an option to play a second recording after a specific period of time. I tried setting the max wait time to 60 seconds, creating a secondary queue and then setting up the Intro Recording to play the message about pressing 2, however, as you mentioned in your post, this has an affect on queue stats and also, the caller hears "please wait while I transfer your call", which I'd rather not have the caller hear.

So - I thought I'd see if I could use CFD to create a condition whereby I could keep the caller in the queue and create a condition where after 60 seconds, I could play the "press 2" message.

I hope this makes more sense than my first explanation. :)

Thank you!

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Scot Busby,

What you need is very clear. But unfortunately a CFD app can't control the queue behavior as you need. Currently there is no way to do what you need, please suggest this in the 3CX ideas site so it's considered to be implemented in future releases of 3CX:
    https:/www.3cx.com/ideas

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. exceed1

Could you create and assign a custom hold music sound file for this Callback queue with the announcementment edited in? A reasonably long hold music file wouldn't be horribly annoying to hear the announcement every few minutes.

6. Scot Busby

Thanks @exceed1 This is what I was thinking also and how we'll probably implement in the short term. I am hoping 3CX adds a feature which allows for different messages to be played to callers in the queue over time as a long-term fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.