Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

CFD script to delete file

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by pluym, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pluym

I use a call flow where the customer is able to record a message. When the customer records a message and disconnects the line i use the disconnect handler flow to email the message (wav file) anyway (many customers forget to decent close the recording) .

There is one problem: when the customer disconnects before a wav file is recorded and before another customer lefts a message, the previous wav file is send by email again for the second time.

In the VAD i simply removed the wav file when it existed before starting a recording.

The new CFD uses C# scripts. Can you give me an exampe of a C# script to remove a file ?

Or can you add "remove file" to the "Read/Write to file" (Advanced Options) ??

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @pluym,

Currently there is no component to delete files. You need to use a Launch External Script component, and write the C# code to delete the file, which is pretty simple, just "File.Delete(filePath)". But you need to put this code in a class and call that method from the CFD.

In this article you have an example on how to call C# code from the CFD.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.