Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Change 3cx Automated Spoken Language.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andykeen, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andykeen

Hi All.
    Is it possible to change the 3cx automated messages - i.e. please record your message after tone etc etc - to a British accent?

There are a couple of areas that for us Brits done make sense - i.e. please press pound - this is the 'hash' key in the UK and people may not understand what to do.

I also think a British accent for the UK market is better (Just my opinion of course - and absolutely no disrespect to the American accent....)

Thank you.
    Regards
    Andy

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Yes.

You need to log into the windows console on the 3cx pc and go to the 3cx Phone System Updates.

Go to the System Prompt Sets and download the UK English Prompt set.

You then need to go to the Settings > System Prompts and at the top is a Manage Promptset (reboot 3cx after making this change).

If you need to fine tune any you can create your own wav files and change them in the settings below that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. andykeen

Perfect - You should do this for a living!!!!!!

Thank you - Again abc123....

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

LMAO! I DO!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. madmans

This may seem a small point but the way the English languge prompts are handled is very weird !
    Firstly, when one downloads from the UK site it would be normal for the prompt set to default to
    standard English but they do not....the American version is the default - and to make matters worse
    this is referred to as "Standard English" !
    Where does "standard French" come from - Tahiti perhaps? or "standard Spanish" - maybe Peru?
    Come on 3CX please straighten this out, to be fair to everyone you might want to include Australian
    English, Hong Kong English, South African English, American English and so forth, but the one version
    that is by definition "Standard English" would obviously be UK English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.