Change append separator character

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lucifer-tas, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucifer-tas

I'm trying to set up different ring tones on Yealink T38G phones for call queues. I can do different ring tones by CallerID and by caller name but the phones don't like colon as a separator in the name. So, a normal call might show up as "Ext01" and then when this goes into a Call Queue it shows up as "Ext01:CQ". I want a different ring tone for the Call Queue but the phone doesn't like Ext01:CQ being entered (says Invalid Character In Name which was definitely caused by the : character).
    Is there a config setting or variable I can change to make the separator character something else (even just a space or number).
    3CX is Version 11.0.28976.849

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

If you want a distinctive ringtone for your queue calls you can just modify the yealink template. This is done through SIP INFO.

Search for : distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.6.text = queue

and

distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.6.ringer = 6

You can change it from 6 to something else.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lucifer-tas

I changed both the yealink.ph and yealinkT3x.ph files. Both already had the queue set to ring tone 6 (phones are doing ring tone 1 when queue call is coming in). I set entry 1 in the provisioning files to the text 10400:830:800 (where 10400 is the bridge, 830 is the ring group, and 800 is the call queue and that whole phrase is what appears on the phone screen) and set the ring tone to 8 for that entry. Then I autoprovisioned the phone from its web interface and nothing changed. It still does ring tone 1 for everything.
    The phones also show 101 under the 10400:830:800 text where 101 is the extension that I'm dialing from (on the 3CX system on the other side of the bridge connection). I can set entries in the phone for the 101 and that will change the ring tone depending on what phone I'm calling from but that callerID text doesn't change when the call goes into the queue.
    Does anyone know what's going wrong? I've only been using 3CX for less than 10 hours total so I'm not really up to speed on how it all works.

4. lucifer-tas

I got it working - I just factory reset the phone and added it into 3CX again and it sent the new provisioning file. Now it plays the entry in the provisioning file that says "alert_info.6.text = queue" even though the text on the screen still shows the bridge, ring group, and call queue names. This is exactly what I was after I just didn't know what to search for in Google. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.