Change Caller ID for inbound calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chris.secusafe, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris.secusafe

Hello All,

I would like to change the caller ID for inbound calls from First Name and Last Name to First Name, Last Name, Company Name. Is there a way to do this? The reason being is that we do not always have the surname on our company directory and would like to be able to identify Fred as Fred from XYZ Trading Pty Ltd.

Thanks!

2. fonewiz

Do you mean for calls that come in from the outside lines or calls coming in from internal 3CX extensions?

I assume you mean for calls coming in from the outside world. If so, you can't really control how the caller-id is presented from the outside world, it comes in as it comes in from your telephone provider.

Maybe I mis-understood the question entirely so please feel free to provide more details.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can replace the name display, from any outside caller, if there is a match with an entry in the 3CX directory. This means that any, frequently received, callers number, would have to be in there, along with the name you wished to see displayed. many sets, with an internal number directory will also over-ride a received name. Other than that there is no way to re-format/re-arrange a name, there are too many variables involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.