Change Config Provisioning File?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cajun McCartney, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cajun McCartney

Hi all,

I am doing final steps on a test 3cx environment for my office and before I have people start using it, I want to make sure they get their welcome email and can be setup and ready to go.

The issue I am having is the config file that is generated for the welcome email is configuring their phone/account profile with the local IP of the server for the "In Office" location and it's preventing the phone from connecting. I need it to use the FQDN that it is using for "Out of Office". I have the system built in AWS and even though I gave it a static public IP and FQDN, it is sending the config file out with the local server IP.

I found some parameters in the management console, but I want to make sure I change the correct ones.

Attached is a list of the parameters with the local IP and below are the values in the generated 3CXprov config file that I need to change from local IP to FQDN. How can I make it so the config files get generated with the FQDN without breaking anything?

<PBXLocalAddr>10.5.2.64</PBXLocalAddr>
    <ProvLink>https://10.5.2.64:5001/provisioning/cmw16gqvqm042l/TcxProvFiles/3cxProv_BSY9JN1P6R7108.xml</ProvLink>
    <MyPhoneServerLocalSSLAddr>https://10.5.2.64:5001/myphone/MPWebService.asmx</MyPhoneServerLocalSSLAddr>

Attached Files:

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

You do not have to make any changes, the softphone config has settings , one for internal and one for external, If it can not see the internal server it will use the external.

As you have a AWS server, all connections will be remote - make sure 'Disallow use of extension outside the LAN' is unticked under the options tab for the extension

3. Cajun McCartney

Thanks for your response. That's true, it should fail over to the external if it can't see the internal server, but it's not. If I change the internal server from the local IP (Which is not reachable) and put in the FQDN or the Elastic IP that's assigned in AWS then it connects. I let it sit for about 15 minutes after rebuilding the profile on the softphones and it never fails over to external.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.