Change Dial Tone iPhone SoftClient to German

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by itservice8, Sep 21, 2017.

1. itservice8

Hi,

make it possible to change the dial tone to german (and maybe other) sound.

Thank you.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm not certain as to why there is dial-tone on any of the mobile apps to begin with. As VoIP sends all (initial) digits at once, in the same manner as a mobile call itself, there is no advantage to hearing dial-tone, then dialling, or, dialling, then pressing "send" or "off-hook".

3. itservice8

Hi,

my english isn't very well. I'm a german person. I think I haven't found the right words, for what I mean.

If you dial a number and press dial, you hear a ring tone at you side while you waiting that the other person hookup the call. This tone is in a american style and not in the classic german style. The frequency is identically with the dial tone on other telephones, like snom, when they are configuried to US dial tones.

this is a german dial-waiting tone since some one hook up the call:

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Ah...ringback tone. I've experienced the UK style ringback tone, in the past, when using the Android App. As I recall, there used to be a setting, called Advanced Audio, which no longer seems to exist in the latest versions. This dealt with that issue, as I recall...it's been a few years since dealing with that...sorry. There may be a more current solution.