Change dialed internal number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tomas Raska, Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomas Raska

Hello,
    we want to use one 3cx to our several subsidiaries.
    Problem is, that in this subsidiaries are same numbers.
    Now we chosen to every subsidiaries one number as first number in phone number
    For example 1 for Berlin, 2 for Paris, 3 for Prague
    Now we have internal Numbers in format 1xxx (Berlin), 2xxx (Paris), 3xxx

Ist it possible to make any rule, to change internal dialed number?
    Because people want dial only xxx inside subsidiary (3 numbers).

For example:
    If user from Berlin dial xxx, 3cx change this number to 1xxx.
    If user from Berlin dial 2xxx, 3cx make nothing.

This rule must check Group (Berlin, Paris, ...) and lenght of dialed number if is only 3. If is this ok, then must add 1 or 2 or 3 and dial this number internal.

2. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Tomas Raska ,

If I understand correctly what you are describing, this cannot be done when all extensions are under the same PBX. The way that this would work would be to strip digits using an outbound rule, since an internal call (which your calls will does not get routed through the outbound rules this cannot be done.

3. Tomas Raska

Hello,
    I found same result. In "outbound rules" missing route "ROUTE INTERNAL"
    All other parameters for my rule are here.

Is it not possible to make any Trunk, that route calls internaly?

4. AndreasPo_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

If the call has been routed to outbound rules this means that the PBX already checked if the dialed number matches any internal number, so assuming that the dialed number is not internal, it is only routed to trunks or gateways. That being said, what you are suggesting is against the logic of the PBX.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What about making the SIP ID of the extensions 3 digits?

Of course you will have conflicts, if extension 1201 is in Paris and 2201 is in Berlin, and a user dials 201 it would ring the extension that has a SIP ID of 201, but which one do you choose to assign that to, you can't do both. What you really want are multiple 3Cx installations connected with bridge trunks. the prefix would then only be used for routing the call to the correct PBX. The same 3 digit extension could then exist on each PBX.

#5 leejor, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  6. AndreasPo_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @leejor

In that case you would need the same SIP ID for 2 or more extensions (one for each site) . For example, extension 1230 in Berlin would have the same SIP ID with extension 2230 in Paris. In this example, if you were to call 230,only one of those extensions would ring no matter where you are calling from. The only scenario that this would work is if you would give every extension on every site a different 3 digit SIP ID but from what i gather, @Tomas Raska wants to keep his current numbers while stripping one digit for intra-site calls.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Exactly, that why I'm saying that, while it would work, it would not be practical if the same 3 digit extension number existed in more than one city. If people don't want to have to dial four digits (I know, pressing that extra button can be taxing), then an individual PBX, for each location, is the solution.

I suppose you could start all over again and go with 3 digit extensions this time, with the first digit, again, unique to a city, That, of course, will limit each location to somewhat less than 100 extensions.

8. Tomas Raska

Problem is, that we want only one big PBX. Not small PBX for every subsidiaries.
    OK, I thing Users must with new internal numbers live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.