Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Change EXT Status Via api

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Michael Groom, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Groom

I am trying to write a script that I can call via the cfd to change the status of an extension(available/away/or custom status). I have found a couple of examples but cant seem to get it to work. I have attached the script. Any help would be great.

Attached Files:

• pds2.png
      pds2.png
      File size:
      107.5 KB
      Views:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Michael Groom,

Can you try to get the Extension object as follows?
    Extension ext = PhoneSystem.Root.GetDNByNumber("001") as Extension;

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michael Groom

i tried using what you suggested but now get compiler errors when i try to build in cfd

Compiling file Main.flow (C:\Users\bitty\Documents\pdsext\Main.flow)...
    Creating source code output...
    Compiling the created source code to .NET library...
    Error compiling source code to .NET library: (14,29): error CS1061: 'DN' does not contain a definition for 'CurrentProfile' and no extension method 'CurrentProfile' accepting a first argument of type 'DN' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Error compiling source code to .NET library: (14,50): error CS1061: 'DN' does not contain a definition for 'FwdProfiles' and no extension method 'FwdProfiles' accepting a first argument of type 'DN' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

----- Build process finished for project 'pdsext'.

4. Michael Groom

Here is my cs code

Attached Files:

• pds3.png
      pds3.png
      File size:
      106.8 KB
      Views:
  5. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is weird, because the compiler error mentions that the object DN doesn't have some methods. And then the problem would be the missing cast from DN to Extension. But the screenshot shows that you have the cast, so it seems that the error is from a different piece of code... Please try the code exactly as I gave it to you and let me know if that works...

6. Michael Groom

I found the isse. It was CFD. i deleted the project and recreated it with the above code and it built right away and functions properly. One other thing i have noticed. I have changed my code to update all extensions in the system but found a weird behavior. Because of using the FwdProfile array, some extensions are not changing to the correct status. Is there a way to set it implicitly using a string with the name of the status?

#6 Michael Groom, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  7. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that it's working.

In order to do the same for every extension in the system, you need to iterate the array returned by PhoneSystem.Root.GetExtensions().

Kind regards.

8. Michael Groom

I am able to call all extensions at once as stated above. When i do call all extensions and use
    {
    ext.CurrentProfile = ext.FwdProfiles[1];
    ext.save;
    }

I get unexpected results. All of the extensions change but not all of them change to the correct profile, some of them will change to a different profile that what is expected. So is there a way to change the profile using a name string, rather than using the FwdProfiles[] array.

9. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Profiles can be at different positions of the array for different extensions. You need to check the name in order to select the right one.

The class "FwdProfile" has the property "Name" which will tell you which profile it is.

10. Michael Groom

OK i will try and figure this out

11. Michael Groom

12. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you post the error message you get and the script you're using??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.