Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Change extension status from a different extension.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by kenttec, Dec 14, 2017.

Change extension status from a different extension. 5 5 7votes
5/5, 7 votes

1. kenttec

I have posted this suggestion before in a different way, despite being a platinum partner it still seems to fall on deaf ears, so here it is again in a different way.
    First the problem:
    Traditional PBX s, to which most of our clients have come from, are used to pressing a button to send there group calls to somewhere else, IE answer machine etc. The 3cx will not do this without a bodge. (unless it is the whole system).
    Our solution at the moment:
    Make a dummy extension, send all the calls to it, then change the profile of that extensions to the various states.
    Trouble is to do this on a button, you have to programme the phone for two different accounts, and use the 2nd account to dial out when changing profile, which is OK until there is a re-provision and the phone goes back to BLF keys using the line 1. So we have to turn off auto re-provisioning.
    So you can see all sorts of problems.

Solutions, I have 3:
    1: Make more night services, perhaps day, night, lunch, away etc so different departments can have different times.
    2: Be able to change the extension status of a different extension on a code, perhaps *3 EXTN (1-6).
    3: Have different status's for ring groups and call queue's like the extensions have.

Any one will do please please please.

Geoff.
    Kenttec.

2. ConnectworksNL

I Agree, my vote you have

3. Mark Reynolds

Option 2: I would like my clients to be able to push a BLF button to change the status of a different extension which acts as a call router.