Change extension status from a different extension.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by kenttec, Dec 14, 2017.

Change extension status from a different extension. 5 5 5votes
5/5, 5 votes

1. kenttec

I have posted this suggestion before in a different way, despite being a platinum partner it still seems to fall on deaf ears, so here it is again in a different way.
    First the problem:
    Traditional PBX s, to which most of our clients have come from, are used to pressing a button to send there group calls to somewhere else, IE answer machine etc. The 3cx will not do this without a bodge. (unless it is the whole system).
    Our solution at the moment:
    Make a dummy extension, send all the calls to it, then change the profile of that extensions to the various states.
    Trouble is to do this on a button, you have to programme the phone for two different accounts, and use the 2nd account to dial out when changing profile, which is OK until there is a re-provision and the phone goes back to BLF keys using the line 1. So we have to turn off auto re-provisioning.
    So you can see all sorts of problems.

Solutions, I have 3:
    1: Make more night services, perhaps day, night, lunch, away etc so different departments can have different times.
    2: Be able to change the extension status of a different extension on a code, perhaps *3 EXTN (1-6).
    3: Have different status's for ring groups and call queue's like the extensions have.

Any one will do please please please.

Geoff.
    Kenttec.

2. ConnectworksNL

I Agree, my vote you have