Change extension status

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by chipware, Jan 26, 2017.

Change extension status 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. chipware

Hi,

please add a feature to change the extension status either with a dial code or from the 3CX softphone.

Thanks in advance.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This can already be done with both ways you are suggesting. You cal click on the available status on a 3CX client and select the status you want.
    Or you can dial *30 for available or *31 for away *32 for DND etc.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I saw some discussion about this - not sure if from this OP or someone else. A Dial code to change the forwarding - not just set the forwarding status.
    ie:
    *36#109# will forward my calls to ext 109.
    *37# will remove the forwarding of my calls to ext 109.

Yes - you can do this from the clients - but this is more convenient... and someone else can walk up to your phone and do it if you call in sick.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Patrick Hogan10

I agree with you Craigreilly, that does sound more convenient.

5. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

You can also change your status through the voicemail system. Dial 9 for options.

You could create a VAD extension that when dialed recognizes the extension making the call, and prompts you for the desired status and forwarding extension. "For Available, press 1, for Away, press 2", etc. It would then change the extension status and the pre-defined status forwarding rules would apply. Alternatively, it could say "to change the status of extension 103 Matthew Orr, press 1, to change the status of a different extension press 2"... then ask for the forwarding extension. Either way, the user is going to have to remember the VAD extension to dial, or the dial code to enter, unless you put the VAD extension on a BLF.

You could also have a BLF toggle your extension between "Available" and "Away" using a single VAD extension. Press the BLF once and it updates your presence and plays a prompt "Your status has been changed to 'Away'". Press the same button a second time, and it would toggle it back "Your status has been changed to 'Available'".

I know what you will ask next... can we change the light on the button based on presence. Maybe, but that would require some investigation. see www.VoIPTools.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member