Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Change Forum search to allow searching of TLAs

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by DL_, May 26, 2017.

Change Forum search to allow searching of TLAs 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. DL_

DL_

If you search for many common TLAs in this forum the search will not run as the search word is too short.

I found that I can't search for VAD, SQL,SIP, BT etc.

I tried using google for searching but many of the posts can't be found as the forum was moved from www.3cx.com/forum to /community.

2. DL_

DL_

Please consider changing the forum setting to allow searching of 3 character words - just tried again to search for SIP and MOH but couldn't due to the words being too short. Abbreviations and acronyms are prevalent in tech and telephony, please consider changing it...

3. DL_

DL_

Also if you are looking to change the forum settings - perhaps the ideas forum should have tags or separate categories for the main features. Therefore ideas relating to call centers could be in one area or have a call center tag. Then when your developers focus on a particular feature or a user wishes to see ideas for a particular feature they are all in one area.