• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change FQDN grey Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

d.blum

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to change the FQDN of the 3CX, but this Field is disabled under Network->FQDN

Can you please help me?,Thanks

Go to Settings, Advanced, Custom Parameters and search for pbxpublicip and make the change. Presumably you will need to reatart the system in order for the changes to take effect.

As this setting is typically set during the initial system installation, I do not know if a change here will result in the same changes being made when the system was installed as I have no idea as to where all the value may have been written.

Its a try and see with no guarantee.

The proper way to change FQDN is to backup your configuration and uninstall and re-install and supply the new FQDN during the installation before you import your backup. Any other way may cause issues with performance and/or provisioning.

With the statement "Separate External / Local FQDN option now available again" you would think that you can just change this on the fly with a live system. Nope, you need to backup, uninstall/install, select External/Local. and then import to take advantage of this.

I agree with the proper way as I indicated that I have no idea as to how successful messing with the parameters may be. One question about doing the fresh install and then following with a restore, would this not also try and restore the FQDN as it was on the back-up?

I too would think that being able to change, while not very often, is a need that come up occasionally and one would not want to re-create a complex system from scratch.

lneblett said:
One question about doing the fresh install and then following with a restore, would this not also try and restore the FQDN as it was on the back-up?

When 3CX 12.5 and 14 installs it asks for the FQDN information prior to the import of the backup or creating a new PBX. When doing an import from backup It uses the new information provided and not the information from the backup.

Hi,
The proper way to change FQDN is to backup your configuration and uninstall and re-install again.
Changing values in Custom Parameters will not help!

Thanks to all answers.

I will try it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.