Change FQDN grey Field

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by d.blum, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.blum

Hello,

I want to change the FQDN of the 3CX, but this Field is disabled under Network->FQDN

Can you please help me?,Thanks

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Go to Settings, Advanced, Custom Parameters and search for pbxpublicip and make the change. Presumably you will need to reatart the system in order for the changes to take effect.

As this setting is typically set during the initial system installation, I do not know if a change here will result in the same changes being made when the system was installed as I have no idea as to where all the value may have been written.

Its a try and see with no guarantee.

3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

The proper way to change FQDN is to backup your configuration and uninstall and re-install and supply the new FQDN during the installation before you import your backup. Any other way may cause issues with performance and/or provisioning.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tim942

With the statement "Separate External / Local FQDN option now available again" you would think that you can just change this on the fly with a live system. Nope, you need to backup, uninstall/install, select External/Local. and then import to take advantage of this.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I agree with the proper way as I indicated that I have no idea as to how successful messing with the parameters may be. One question about doing the fresh install and then following with a restore, would this not also try and restore the FQDN as it was on the back-up?

I too would think that being able to change, while not very often, is a need that come up occasionally and one would not want to re-create a complex system from scratch.

6. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

When 3CX 12.5 and 14 installs it asks for the FQDN information prior to the import of the backup or creating a new PBX. When doing an import from backup It uses the new information provided and not the information from the backup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi,
    The proper way to change FQDN is to backup your configuration and uninstall and re-install again.
    Changing values in Custom Parameters will not help!

8. d.blum

Thanks to all answers.

I will try it later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.