Change in behavior for queues / busy extensions?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by carolinainnovative, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolinainnovative

Ok so this is a bit of a change in behavior for RING ALL queues?

In previous versions, if I had "accept multiple calls" turned on, and I was on a call, and a call came in on a call queue, my extension would ring.

AS of V15 that does not seem to happen. If I am on a call, even with "accept multiple calls" set, I do not receive queue calls while on another call.

I _DO_ receive direct extension calls and RING GROUP calls, but NOT RING ALL Queue calls.

This is a MIXED BLESSING, because sometimes queue calls are super annoying when I'm on the phone already, as it rings on my cell and soft phone, but is a large enough change in behavior that I thought I'd ask...

2. pact

pact New Member

The behaviour was changed back in V14.0, they 'fixed' the bug which would allow multiple calls on Queues, as it was disrupting call centre workers.

However many, like you, have stated they used the feature to their advantage.

We haven't seen any official word on if 3CX will put the function back into the software as an option.

At this stage 'Accept Multiple Calls' only works on Ring Groups now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. carolinainnovative

I was on 14 - and I did not see that they had "fixed" the issue... I OFTEN received multiple calls on 14 still... Must have been some odd setting I had set other than "allow multiple calls." Or maybe somehow I just didn't notice it.

Anyway - I do COMPLETELY understand why they "fixed" it - it actually struck me as odd that it worked that way... and I am sure it disrupted the hell out of call centers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.