• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change In office IP on a per-user basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayp806

Reaction score
Hello all!

So we're in a bit of a pickle. We have two offices connected via a T1 PTP connection. Both of these offices have their own 3CX server, but we are trying to limit traffic on the PTP connection due to bandwidth constraints. We have a few users that bounce around between locations that use the 3CX softphone on their laptops. So say a user is in Office B, but we need him to connect to Office A's PBX without using the PTP, we want to configure his softphone's "in office" IP to point to the public IP of Office A's PBX. We can do this, but every time we exit the softphone it resets. I've even altered the config file that is emailed to the user and it won't save. Is there a permanent way to do this? Thanks :D

Attachments

• IP.png
    IP.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 975
  • Diagram.png
    Diagram.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 975
In the settings uncheck the box "Re-provision on Startup".

This worked for me when I tested it. I'm not sure of anything else this might break so definitely test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.