• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change internal Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartijnDoeland

Free User
Reaction score
I want to change the internal caller id.
I have an siemens N510 with 3 dect phones for which i want to use the same extension number internally and externally.
I can't find any setting that allows me to change the internal caller id.

What version of 3CX ? How are the phones provisioned ?

If running ver 15.5 when you provision the phones why not add the extension number in three times in the extension setup - may work

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-provision-gigaset-n510/

Have you looked in the web front end of the dect base unit, you maybe able to assign the three phones to the same sip account

Last edited:
We are running 15.5.
I didn't know that was possible (neither does our supplier!)

Solved. Added the extension three times to the N510 Dect.

It's called SIP Forking (assigning the same extension/phone number to different devices), and 3CX does allow this, unlike some providers.

Is there a maximum to the number of extensions ? The first two work prefectly, the third one has no audio.

No maximum, as far as I know. the no audio may have something to do with your set up. Are the sets, remote to the server? If so, do you use an SBC, or are they simply behind a router? If it's the second scenario, then you could have issues with audio. Sets using STUN, behind a router (and this is not a recommended set-up for more than a couple of sets), first off require that essh be assigned a unique local port number, even so, your router may not be able to keep track of the voice ports used by each set. You can try setting the extension options to PBX Delivers Audio, as this forces all audio packets back through the PBX. If you have more than a couple of sets behind a router, not using VPN, then it is suggested that you install a 3CX SBC to avoid the audio problems you are experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.