Change mode for 3CX Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ice, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ice

ice New Member

Hi,

How to change CTI mode to SIP Phone mode for this softphone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I do not think that is ready just yet...
    head over to the blog comments http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-12-alpha/#comments for some answers...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

You can find 3cx inbuilt softphone option under the management console--->estenstions---> 3cx phone--->default phone to use. However I dont believe the feature is ready as of yet.

4. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi, yes that is correct. Please let me know if you have any further inquiries

5. matictec

matictec New Member

You have to configure the 3CX Phone settings in the extension settings to SIP Mode and than you have to resend the welcome mail again for this extension. Delete the account in the 3CX Phone and drag the new config file to the phone. You have to save the config file from the welcome mail to your local drive first.

6. craigreilly

So I send the welcome email - we use Socketlabs for the Phone server.
    The email is received.

In outlook 2013 this is the file:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    -<tconfig> <Extension>11</Extension> <EXTGUID>43af4358-da75-4d8c-944d-c6dea91d24f7</EXTGUID> <GCMSENDERID/> <AccountName>Craig v12</AccountName> <outboundCID/> <AuthID>11</AuthID> <AuthPass>xxx</AuthPass> <VMAILPIN>xxxx</VMAILPIN> <PBXLocalAddr>10.0.0.13</PBXLocalAddr> <PBXPublicAddr/> <PBXSipPort>5060</PBXSipPort> <UseStun/> <StunServer/> <StunServerPort>3478</StunServerPort> <StunServer1/> <StunServerPort1>3478</StunServerPort1> <StunServer2/> <StunServerPort2>3478</StunServerPort2> <Codecs/> <Voicemail>99</Voicemail> <SIPTransport/> <RTPTransport/> <DtmfRFC2833/> <DtmfInband/> <DtmfSipinfo/> <DtmfPayload/> <RegistrationTime/> <UseTunnel>0</UseTunnel> <TunnelPort>5090</TunnelPort> <TunnelPass>xxxx</TunnelPass> <UseProxy/> <ProxyAddr/> <ProvLink>http://10.0.0.13:5000/provisioning/erh9v2fvox/TcxProvFiles/3cxProv_130502120057_11.xml</ProvLink> <MyPhoneServerLocalAddr>http://10.0.0.13:5000/MyPhone/MPWebService.asmx</MyPhoneServerLocalAddr> <MyPhoneServerPublicAddr>http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5000/MyPhone/MPWebService.asmx</MyPhoneServerPublicAddr> <UseCTI>true</UseCTI> <StartUpScreen>1</StartUpScreen> <lamps/> </tconfig>
    In Windows 8 Webmail using IE, I get an empty file when I save the file. Thus dragging it to 3cxPhone does nothing. So, I goto the Outlook machine, save the config file to a thumbdrive. Move it to the Win 8 machine. and drag the file over. It sets up the softphone. But when I goto make a call, the Yealink instead does the "MakeCall" thing instead of just ringing the party I am calling.

7. craigreilly

I did get CTI working. The phone was new in the box and may have been on an older firmware when I first started htis project. I uninstalled MyPhone, cleaned the registry, and then reinstalled. Dropped the config file.
    The first time I tried to make a call the phone asked if I wanted to allow remote control.
    I said yes. Then had to hang up and then all was good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.