Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

change of behavior in VAD

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Randika, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randika

Hi

I just want to know, is there any change of behavior in VAD with the update of 12.5.

The reason I am asking this is, for example earlier it accept 056 as 3 digit number with zero at the front and now
    it convert that to 56 and negate 0.

Is this something to do with the recent update we had (12.5 ) ?

Thanks.

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi there!

Nothing has changed regarding this. The changes are related to how the VAD connects to 3CX in order to deploy apps, as the client libraries change from version to version.

In this case, the issue pretty sure is related to using or not using quotes. If you enter a number in a variable without quotes, it will be automatically converted to a numeric format, removing the leading zero. If you want to keep it, you need to save the variable as a string. For example:
    '056' > will keep the zero
    056 > will remove the zero and store the number 56

This is standard behavior since the first version, maybe you made some change to your app and removed the quotes?

Kind regards.

3. millsey

millsey New Member

Hi VAD_support

What Randika is referring to is the telephone number for deployment. Our VAD flows are set to be "phone" numbers starting with zero, e.g. 051 and this has never been a problem (and is useful since we can use up the low numbers as call flows). Since we upgraded to 12.5 and re-purchased VAD to run the latest version, deployment of call flows whose number starts with a zero are now showing up in the 3CX console as (e.g. 51 instead of 051) and inbound DID's in 3CX are calling the OLD flows. I don't even know if it is possible to dial the 2 digit number as our 3CX system is configured for 3 digit extension numbers.

Millsey

4. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi Millsey,

You're right, and this is due to a new feature we have added which allos deploying an app to multiple extensions at the same this. Now instead of just specifying an extension number, you can specify an extension range, for example:
    100-149

That will register the same app in extensions 100, 101, ... up to 149. This is useful in some scenarios.

Because of this, we had to convert each part to a number, and that removes the leading zero. We didn't realize that this could case an issue.

We'll make a fix so you can also specify extension numbers starting with zero. Please send me a private message with your email address, so I notify you when it's ready.

Kind regards.

5. millsey

millsey New Member

Just to update this thread for the benefit of anyone finding this in the future, 3CX provided a fixed version of the VAD which solved this problem.

Thanks
    Millsey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.