Change of Port

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by whitewhite, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitewhite

Hi,

I am wondering if we can change the port for 3CX softphone: TCP 5000-5001, as I need that ports forward to another server on the other program.

Thanks
    White

2. willow

willow Member

The PBX uses port 5000 for the web management. This is not changable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello White,

There is information here regarding port changes: http://www.3cx.com/forums/important-note-3cx-v10-web-port-changed-to-20017.html

It isn't recommended but if you must have it you can configure it here. Do remember to take note with this and if support issues ever come up you will also need to remember to tell support this first off.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. willow

willow Member

this is good to know.

5. willow

willow Member

though it seems that it would need to be redone after every reinstallation or major upgrade.

6. nbailey

nbailey Member

Exactly, it won't stay in the settings I believe on uninstall and reinstall. I haven't tried it because for me port 5000 is fine.

Thanks,
    Nate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.