Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Change Phone to new extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by it@armusa.net, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it@armusa.net

I have an employee that is moving from inside the building to remote access only. The Extension 365 is tied to him and his DID. I have added an extension 371, now I want the Yealink phone that used to be 365 to now be 371, I have removed the MAC address from Extension 365 add it back to 371.
    Both Extensions stay, but the PHONE does not show up in PHONES list to accept.

Basically I want an extension to be 3cx windows app and phone app only with No Yealink phone device
    and I want an that phone to be reused on the new extension I just created.

thanks,
    ~SteveD

2. it@armusa.net

UPDATE: at first the phone would not update, I went to the device and re-provisioned and it picked up the new settings. Not sure what it was acting weird but I think it works now.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad the issue is resolved, just an FYI for future reference, for the phones to re-appear in the phones tab as un-provisioned you have to perform a factory reset of that phone. The phones send a multicast request only when they are factory reset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.