Change Presence/Status of other Users?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cbongard, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbongard

Is it possible for one user to chance the presence/status of another user in V12? (I have not applied SP3 yet)

Here is why I'm asking; We have created a "virtual" extension that the main number forwards through. During normal business hours, this extension forwards all calls directly to the "receptionist" ring group. During after hours, the extension automatically changes to "out of office" and forwards calls to an Auto Attendant. Periodically, the users want the ability to send the calls to the "out of office" auto attendant because of whole office meetings, where no one is available to answer the calls. It would be great if the receptionist users could change the status of this virtual extension without having to change "accounts" in their 3CXPhone application.

Also, from time to time, the receptionists might be asked to change a user's status because they forgot before they left.

Thanks!
    -Chris

2. mlump

mlump New Member

Unfortunately from the 3CXPhone app there is no way to change the status of other Extensions. However With sp3 you can grant different levels of management console access. You could then with some training grant the reception user access to the management console but only with management access to a certain Extension group or all Extensions. With this your reception user would be able to change the status of different extensions. You just need to train them on doing it and trust them enough to give them accesses.

That trust part being the key ;)

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

The other approach is to assign the "emergency code" in 3CX.. will be a *x code.. that they could key in to trigger after-hours rules manually.. and likewise trigger it back.

Example, give it *8.. then use *81 and *80 respectively.

4. dsylvester

Hi There. I am wondering if there has been an update to this at all? I am aware of the Emergency Inbound settings dial # that can be adjusted that would play the "Out of Office" message that we have if that setting was made. My query is like the first one, where I'd like to know how I can still do the "Out of office" presence but have a different audio message played (ie. "Our team are currently away from their desks at the moment..... etc.." I would like our reception person to only have to dial in a number in order to make this process happen.

Any advice? Appreciate the feedback

5. Chib@voip

Me too,
    I'm wondering if there is this option for certain users to change the status of other users without having to login to the 3CX web interface.

6. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

you could use the softkey of the desktop IP-phone:
    Setup a second account on the phone (the account you want to manage the presence status for)
    Configure a shortdial key, which uses the second account to dial out, dialling the function code (e.g. default 3x, x = number of status you want to set). You need 2 Linekeys to switch between two status. And the phone will ring, as long as an active status forwards the phone to the extension.

Best regards Frank

7. Chib@voip

That`s one way of doing it! Thank you for your input.

8. tratz

tratz New Member

You can also setup their extension through 3cxphone and then they can just switch to the correct account and change the forwarding from there.

--Tracy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.