• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change public IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

SentryIT

Reaction score
I want to set up 3CX in the workshop and then move the computer to another site where of course they'll have a different public IP address. I just wanted to check, other than changing the public IP address in the FQDN and Stun sections under Settings / Network is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks

I think the official support is to backup the config. uninstall. reinstall and then import the original config.

What I did when I changed providers was go thru the custom parameters, do a search for the old IP - and change to the new.

If we were to do a clean install on site and then restore the config file from backup wouldn't that also restore the IP address from the original install at the workshop or is that not included in the config file?

I'll have to have a look for this 'Custom Parameters' you mentioned, wasn't aware of that but could be the way to go.

Thanks
Mike

When you install 3cx, it asks for that info I think, before it allows you to restore from backup. So i am guessing it doesn't overwrite it.

UPDATE: See here: http://www.3cx.com/docs/moving-to-new-machine/

If that is the case then it'll be much easier. I'm going to be doing a clean install at the site today and then I'll recover the backup and I'll post back here when I'm done to clarify if it is as you suspect.

Thanks
Mike

Craig is correct on that, you specify the address before choosing to restore.
Should be pretty easy. :)

Yep you were correct, IP addressing isn't stored in the config backup file so literally took 5 minutes to install and restore backup.

Thanks for the input.
Regards
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.