Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Change Public IP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tomas Raska, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomas Raska

When I want change in 3cx Public IP, is it enough to change IP Address in Settings / Network?

Is it really not necessary uninstall 3cx and then again install 3cx?

I readed some articles on Internet, where is this method recommended.
    Or this is valid for old versions?

Thanks

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Tomas,

The method you are referring to would be for if you are using Static IP address and want to change. If so then follow this procedure:

* In order to get you public ip to change in 3CX's dns servers you need to navigate to Settings > network and switch to use 'Dynamic Public IP (IP changes)' Then restart services using the services.mmc.

* Then wait 20 minutes and go back and switch back to ' Static Public IP (IP Address does not change)' and again restart services.

It will take up to an hour to change on their systems DNS and then up to 6 or more hours to propagate around the internet.

apostolis_3CX likes this.
  3. Tomas Raska

I understand well?
    Is it not necessary to uninstall 3cx when I want change static IP address registered in 3cx during installation?

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Not if you follow that process, and that came from 3CX Support.

I don't believe it is necessary in the case of the public or private IP now as of the latest version of 3CX.

apostolis_3CX and YiannisH_3CX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.