Change Public IP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tomas Raska, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomas Raska

When I want change in 3cx Public IP, is it enough to change IP Address in Settings / Network?

Is it really not necessary uninstall 3cx and then again install 3cx?

I readed some articles on Internet, where is this method recommended.
    Or this is valid for old versions?

Thanks

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Tomas,

The method you are referring to would be for if you are using Static IP address and want to change. If so then follow this procedure:

* In order to get you public ip to change in 3CX's dns servers you need to navigate to Settings > network and switch to use 'Dynamic Public IP (IP changes)' Then restart services using the services.mmc.

* Then wait 20 minutes and go back and switch back to ' Static Public IP (IP Address does not change)' and again restart services.

It will take up to an hour to change on their systems DNS and then up to 6 or more hours to propagate around the internet.

apostolis_3CX likes this.
  3. Tomas Raska

I understand well?
    Is it not necessary to uninstall 3cx when I want change static IP address registered in 3cx during installation?

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Not if you follow that process, and that came from 3CX Support.

I don't believe it is necessary in the case of the public or private IP now as of the latest version of 3CX.

apostolis_3CX and YiannisH_3CX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.