• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change Public IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomas Raska

Free User
Reaction score
When I want change in 3cx Public IP, is it enough to change IP Address in Settings / Network?

Is it really not necessary uninstall 3cx and then again install 3cx?

I readed some articles on Internet, where is this method recommended.
Or this is valid for old versions?

Thanks

Hi Tomas,

The method you are referring to would be for if you are using Static IP address and want to change. If so then follow this procedure:

* In order to get you public ip to change in 3CX's dns servers you need to navigate to Settings > network and switch to use 'Dynamic Public IP (IP changes)' Then restart services using the services.mmc.

* Then wait 20 minutes and go back and switch back to ' Static Public IP (IP Address does not change)' and again restart services.

It will take up to an hour to change on their systems DNS and then up to 6 or more hours to propagate around the internet.

Reactions: apostolis_3CX
I understand well?
Is it not necessary to uninstall 3cx when I want change static IP address registered in 3cx during installation?

Not if you follow that process, and that came from 3CX Support.

I don't believe it is necessary in the case of the public or private IP now as of the latest version of 3CX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.