Change Ringtones?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSlocum, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

We've got Cisco SPA514g phones, and I've been tasked with changing the ringtones for external calls. The problem is, I can't figure it out, and I'm at my wit's end.

I've asked here before, and what I found out is you can set it so the user chooses the ringtone by changing the Distinctive Ringing section in the provisioning template to this (set them all to "n="):

Code:
    	<Ring1 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=Classic-1;w=3;c=1</Ring1> 
    	<Ring2 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=external;w=3;c=2</Ring2>
    	<Ring3 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=international;w=3;c=3</Ring3> 
    	<Ring4 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=national;w=3;c=4</Ring4> 
    	<Ring5 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=local;w=2;c=1</Ring5> 
    	<Ring6 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=queue;w=2;c=2</Ring6> 
    	<Ring7 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=ivr;w=2;c=3</Ring7> 
    	<Ring8 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=Simple-4;w=2;c=4</Ring8> 
    	<Ring9 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=Simple-5;w=2;c=5</Ring9>
    	<Ring10 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=Office;w=4;c=1</Ring10>
    The problem with that is mine is already set like that and it didn't make a difference.

How can I do this? If I bought a support contract with 3CX, would they be able to help me figure it out? Or would I need to get support from Cisco?

Or is it even possible?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is the only thing that I recall seeing on the subject, other than people questioning the feature.

https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/caller-id-processing-distinctive-ringing-alert-info/

Since it hasn't been updated since it was written a few years ago, i have to assume that it is still valid.
    that said...my understanding s that distinctive ringing requires that the set will support this in the way that 3CX has implemented it. I believe some accomplish this better than others. It is unfortunate that the option is solely based on caller ID. In addition to that option I would have liked to see it simplified in such a way that you could cause all calls, received over a particular trunk group, to deliver distinctive ring.

3. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

I've seen that article and couldn't really make sense of it. All I gather from it is that it uses a slightly different tone for international calls, which doesn't help me in the slightest.

So basically, there's nothing I can do.

If I get a support contract with 3CX, would they be able to help me any further? Or is this more of Cisco issue? Or is it even possible at all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.