• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change SIP ports after installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edokim

Reaction score
I installed on Google Cloud by PBX Express, and set up a remote site. When setting up a second remote site, I find that port 5060 is already being used for something else there. Is there a way to change the SIP ports only for the second site? Or do I have to change the ports system wide? And if so, can I do so with the system already installed? On settings/network/ports the port fields are greyed out.

Hello @edokim

How are the remote sites connected to the PBX and what is using port 5060 on the remote site?
To change the SIP port of the PBX on SP2 you need to re-install the PBX as it is no longer possible to change ports after installation.

The PBX is on Google Cloud. The remote sites are connecting via SBCs. The 5060 is being used by a previous VOIP installation at the second site.

I actually would not mind re-installing if necessary. I just need to get thing working asap. However, during installation on the cloud, the PBX Express installation did not give us the option of setting ports (and other options) offered during the local windows installations. How do I go about assigning different ports for a Google Cloud re-installation?

but it does not matter as the testination IP:5060 is what counts. The remote side (terminals SBC) dont care. So I dont fully understand? In GCP each instance has its own IP and therefore can use 5060 on each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.