Change Status over API

Discussion in 'Windows' started by 3cxMan, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3cxMan

Hi

Is any chance to change the status over an api (C#, CMD or HTTP) for the client on current workstation?

Thanks for your help.

2. Thomas Wulz

i wrote a .net application, which changes status for our 500 users, when they lock the screen and log off/on from windows.
    interested?

3. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

I would be interested in trying it out. thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BobMinteer

Thomas, I would be interested as well. Please :)

5. tratz

tratz New Member

I would be as well

--Tracy

6. Thomas Wulz

i talked with my boss. because i wrote the software in my working time and for my company, i am not allowed to give it away, for legal reasons.
    sorry.

7. georgeg

I was looking for a way to do this by myself and I just figured out a very easy way of doing this.

In this folder "C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp" you can find 3CXclickTocall.exe.

You can use this executable in CMD to dial any number.
    We all know that we can change status from our desk phones by dialing *3+(Status ID) , so if you dial *30 , you will set your status to available, *31 set status to Away, *32 DND etc..

So by using command prompt, go to:
    "C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp"
    Type: 3CXclicktocall.exe *30 (this will dial *30 and change your status to available )

All you need to do is to setup a simple batch file or a powershell script on startup/shutdown to run 3CXclicktocall.exe *30 on computer logon, and *31 or whatever status you wish on computer logoff.
    Please note that in order for 3CXclicktocall.exe to run, the windows 3CX phone app must be running.

8. Thomas Wulz

"Please note that in order for 3CXclicktocall.exe to run, the windows 3CX phone app must be running."

This is the problem: 3CXPhone will not be running, after Windows sent the shutdown signal to all processes and when your logon to the PC.
    You must use your own software to send the absence status codes to the 3CX server.

9. georgeg

Yes you are right, I haven't tested it when I wrote that post. :) The method I mentioned works only on logon.
    So after that I did write a PS script that talks directly to the 3CX web console, without the need of the 3cxphone.
    But still you need to get this integrated somewhere else, which is what we did in our case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.