Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Change system default voicemail greeting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tom Cowley, Aug 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Cowley

Hi,

Is it possible to change the default voicemail greeting system-wide?

Our 3CX is used for a number of different sites which do not have a common operator, and I would like to change the greeting so that it doesn't prompt people to "record your message and press hash, or press star for the operator".

Ideally I would like the operator function switched off, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

I figure I change the default system voicemail greeting, but I don't want to have to manually upload a greeting to all phones, one by one.

Thanks,

Tom

2. neville

neville New Member

That greeting is under system prompts/RECYAMSG. I'm sure you can re-record it to say something different.

3. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Tom Cowley,

In order to re-record the prompt you would first need to create a custom prompt set by going to System prompts>Manage Prompt Sets>Select your current prompt set>Copy Prompt Set.
    After you have done that, you can select the new custom prompt set from Manage Prompt Sets>Active Prompt Set and select OK.
    Then search for RECYASMG, select it and press "Record by phone" or "Browse" to replace the default audio file.
    Note that in order for this to take effect, go to 3CX Services Status and restart the 3CX SIP Server.
    As far as the operator option, it is actually not possible to disable that but what you could do is create a dummy extension and set it as the operator and then forward all calls to your Digital Receptionist or End Call, just in case someone actually presses the star button.
    What you are asking about disabling the "press star for the operator" function is already posted in the Ideas part of the forum here where you can up-vote it.

Hope this helps.

JayNZ likes this.
  4. Tom Cowley

That worked a charm. Thank you both for your help. We ended up overwriting RECYAMSG with a new .wav file based on the original recording, with the last sentence cut off ("or press * for the operator").

We have the phone system in a data centre and it serves multiple sites. I would suggest that as well as being able to turn this feature on and off, it would probably be more beneficial to be able to assign a unique operator to each physical site, possibly determined by phone groups.

5. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Tom Cowley,

Glad this worked for you!
    As for the unique operator feature, there are a lot of posts describing similar concepts in the Ideas section of the forum where you can up-vote anything that matches your needs,if nothing matches you can suggest your own idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.