• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change the install sequence to have the LE generation done last

cobaltit

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
So I recently created an issue for myself when upgrading a Debian 8 install to Debian 9. When I did this I didn't have postgres installed properly causing the 3CX installer to error out when trying to restore the database. The problem is that the 3CX installer goes through the process of confirming the FQDN with the activation server and then creating a certificate with LE before trying the restore. So by the time I had resolved the issue with postgres I had hit the rate limiting imposed by LE for my FQDN which then caused a new problem. Since 3CX is using LE and can't do anything about the rate limiting I would recommend that the LE certificate generation step be done last to minimize the chance of this or any other install issue triggering the LE rate limiting. It was particularly silly since I actually had a valid certificate in my backup so I didn't need a fresh LE certificate generated anyways. Perhaps the install/restore process could be amended to check that as well.

Upvote 0

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leo13215464
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.