Change the status from 3CX Phone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dynatech1, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dynatech1

Hi,

Is there any option to change the status of 3CX Phone from "available" to "out of office" or any other status when a users is logging into Windows and when a user is logging out?

I want to auto update the status because the list will then represent an actually list of employees wich are inside the office or not available.

Has anyone created a script for this or can someone give me some tips to do this?

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    There is no such functionnality in 3CXPhone, but one could make his own tool with Call Control API to change status and run it on AD loggin/logoff.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. snv-it

I agree with Dynatech1 that would be the best solution to set the users status automatically, better than fixed office hours. Why is this feature not included in version 14? :cry:

Thanks & Regards, Chris

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is no such feature at the time, but potentially something you could use to create your own solution for this is found here:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cxphone-for-windows-api/

Specifically, the part where it describes how you can trigger calls from the command prompt by running:
    CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:<Number>

Something you could try is creating bat files that run on startup and shutdown that call numbers e.g. *30 (change to Available) and *32 (change to Do Not Disturb).

A couple of things to keep in mind if you decide to try something:
    - In order to use this command, 3CXPhone must already be running.
    - If ran on shutdown, make sure that the call is completed before the computer loses network connectivity.

6. TWU

TWU

Imho it is not advisable to use 3CX API to implement this, because Windows sends a shutdown or logoff signal to all running applications. Thus it is very uncertain, if 3CXPhone will still be running, when logoff scripts are processed.
    My solution was to use sipcli.exe and send *34 and *63 to the 3CX server in a GPO logoff script and *30 and *62 in a logon script.
    You may need to map Windows username and 3CX extension and password to do this in your enterprise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.