• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change to all config files

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigreilly

Free User
Reaction score
So, the company decided they needed another Shared Park.
So, I went into the template and assigned it to the next BLF under the other SP''s.
Now, correct me if I am wrong - this does not recreate the config files for each phone?
In order to update I have to select the devices and say "Reprovision phone".
It would be nice if there was a button that said "Recreate All Config Files".
Then I could tell the users to Close any apps and reboot the phone at their convenience.

Otherwise, I need to login after hours and reprovision the phones and do not always have the availability to do so.

If I am missing something - let me know...

Ya you have to reprovision when you make a change to the template. A new config file for the phone will not be generated until you reprovision.

If you make the change on the phone itself under provisioning and click apply I think it may change the phone config file without having to re-provision...double check that though. If that's the case you can select multiple phones at the same time and change their config in the gui rather then editing the template.

You are correct. The config file will update if I make an extension change...
What if I make a template change and want it to just take place during the nightly config check?

So - I guess I'll submit to the Ideas factory and watch it get a vote or two. :)

Craig, one trick I inadvertently found...

If you edit anything (except the phone book bit at the bottom) on the Phone Provisioning page in "Settings" and click "apply" it will re-generate ALL of the mac-specific phone provisioning files.

Now, you can't just uncheck something and check it again... you have to apply the change and then change it back and click apply again if you don't want it...

Example:
Uncheck "enable daylight savings time," click "apply," check it again - then click apply again

Magically, all the files are updated.

The very last block on that page, "Generate SIP-Phone phonebook provisioning files in the following order" works well if you want to re-generate all of the directory files at one time.

I'll take a look. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.