Change to BLF button on Cisco phone not taking affect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by computer60, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computer60

I am using a Cisco SPA525G2 phone and need to change the BLF button. I edited the BLF setting in the phone provisioning tab of the extension and saved the change but the screen on the phone still shows the old entry next to the button. I rebooted the phone and that didn't help. Is there something I need to do to apply the change to the phone?
    thanks
    Chris

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Does the extension have the phone model and mac address information?
    You can look here to ensure the cfg file is changed properly: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning

I do not know anything about the Cisco phones... just some general steps to check.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

In accordance with Craig's suggestion regarding ensuring that the phone is registered to the extension using the MAC address and model, you can then go to the "phone" tab on the left, highlight the phone of interest and then click on the re-provision or provision button above.

You may also need to go into the web interface of the phone and see if auto provision or a similar setting is set to allow same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.