• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change to BLF button on Cisco phone not taking affect

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer60

Customer
Reaction score
I am using a Cisco SPA525G2 phone and need to change the BLF button. I edited the BLF setting in the phone provisioning tab of the extension and saved the change but the screen on the phone still shows the old entry next to the button. I rebooted the phone and that didn't help. Is there something I need to do to apply the change to the phone?
thanks
Chris

Does the extension have the phone model and mac address information?
You can look here to ensure the cfg file is changed properly: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning

I do not know anything about the Cisco phones... just some general steps to check.

In accordance with Craig's suggestion regarding ensuring that the phone is registered to the extension using the MAC address and model, you can then go to the "phone" tab on the left, highlight the phone of interest and then click on the re-provision or provision button above.

You may also need to go into the web interface of the phone and see if auto provision or a similar setting is set to allow same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.