Change to "Music on Hold" not taking effect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jheffernan, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jheffernan

Hello there,
    I recently setup a 3CX server on a windows 2003 Server. I changed the music on hold to a different .wav file but it does not appear to take effect (even though the Settings..General ..Music on Hold are set to something else.). I have also tried rebooting etc.

I reinstalled on a fresh Windows 2008 VM and I also changed the music on hold but it still does not reflect the changes.

Is anyone away of a bug in the latest version (10 SP 6)

2. gschwab

gschwab New Member

Mine works just fine.
    Did you put your new files in the \Data\Ivr\Prompts folder with a unique name?
    Are they PCM,8Khz,16bit Mono format?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jheffernan

Hello again.
    Yes the file is the "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Ivr\Prompts" directory and is a wav file and is in “PCM,8Khz,16bit Mono format” and the file will even play as a Digital Receptionist prompt but no as music on hold.

I have changed the setting under “Settings..General..Music On Hold”, and also in “Settings…Advanced..Custom Paramaters .. Musiconholdfile”.

Is there something I’m missing?

4. jheffernan

Hello again.

It appears that once I change a setting ("VOIP Providers" .. "Your Provider" .."Advanced" ..untick "Supports Re-Invite" ) then the correct (and configured) Music on Hold plays.

Not sure why, but this if this option if ticked it plays some generic Music on hold, if it's un-ticked it plays the configured music on hold.

Regards Jim

5. gtsystems

Can someone tell me what software is used to create a PCM,8Khz,16bit Mono wav file for the music on hold

Gehric

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I wonder if you were hearing some MOH from your provider?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. positron

I use Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net). You can either directly record audio or convert from another format.

To record audio, change the default settings in Edit, Preferences for Devices:Recording/Chanels to 1 (Mono) and in Quality:Sampling to a default sample rate of 8000 Hz, default sample format of 16-bit. When saving the file, select File, Export and Save as Type "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16-bit PCM".

If converting existing audio from another format, open the file in Audacity, then on the menu, select Tracks, then Stereo Track to Mono (if audio is in Stereo). Then select Tracks, Resample and set new sample rate at 8000 Hz. Save the file using the export option as above.

8. gtsystems

Thank you,

That worked perfectly

Gehric (GT-Systems)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.