Change VOIP Provider's "Name" - How?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by twackford, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twackford

I have seen it as a "feature request" to be able to easily change a VOIP provider's name. In that thread someone had posted that you could already do this in the database.

My questions are, what database (which file) and using what tools to edit this database?

Thank you in advance for replies,
    Todd

2. coldtech

You will need to get access to the postgres tables.

I loaded the ODBC driver and wrote a little utility so I can peek at every table.
    I'd be happy to share it with you or you could just use MS Access or any other means to access the underlying tables.

I just renamed one yesterday but it seems I'll have to restart to see the change.

The underlying data is definitely modified but in management console it's still the old value.

3. switch2asp

I see this is already quite a while ago, but was curious if there is already a solution for this renaming of a voipprovider...?!

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Which VoIP provider to contact, what you mean, this is internal setting of your 3CX installation ?

The easiest way of renaming provider is either deleting the provider and recreating it, or backuping the configuration, editing (carefully !!) the .xml file with your PBX configuration and restoring the PBX.

BR

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.