Changed 3CX server IP address

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kyleputnam, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyleputnam

I changed the server IP address (due to adding a VLAN for the phones, etc). Using Cisco SPA504G phones. 3CX 9.0.13545

So I updated each phone (I am using static IP addresses) and updated the provisioning URL on each phone to reflect the change. Obviously i updated the phone IP addresses as needed, as well as the Ext1 SIP info. The phone will then register with the server fine. However, one they power cycle or reboot, and reprovision, the Ext1 SIP info and the provisioning URL gets updated back to the old server IP address, thus not registering. Somewhere in the system, the old IP address is still present. I looked through the Advanced Settings->Custom Settings. I did find SIPDOMAIN and DEFAULTLOCALIP values showing the old IP address. I updated them to the new IP Address. Other than these values, I cannot find the old IP address on any screen. SO i don't know how the provisioning system is still setting the phones to look at the old address. Ideas?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are your phones provisioning themselves with a from a server?

3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Go to advanced> Custom Parameters > and check if there are and fields with the old IP of your PBX. Also check that your interface on the extensions> provisioning tab of the phone has the correct interface selected.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.