changed extension password, how to re-register?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spizzy74, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spizzy74

wanted to update a few passwords to a longer password, when i do this it deregisters the extension. the phones on the same lan, will it self-update or is their a manual step involved?

06-Jul-2017 13:57:18.564 L:3065.1[Page:951] failed to reach Extn:113, reason Not Registered
    06-Jul-2017 13:57:18.559 [CM503017]: Call(C:3065): Target is not registered: Extn:113

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

What happens if you click on the reprovision option, after selecting the extension under Phones option

3. spizzy74

the extension isnt listed at all.

4. Saqqara

Can you connect to the web frontend of the phone, and find the option to reprovision the phone

What model of phones are we talking about

5. spizzy74

its a cisco spa 512g

6. Saqqara

I not familiar with this phone, maybe some else can help.

Try restarting the phone, it may reprovision on startup

7. spizzy74

yeah, tried rebooting...no go :(

8. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hello spizzy74,

As you know the cisco 512g is in the legacy phone supported list and you cannot reprovision them from the management console. In order to bring the phone in the registered status you need to factory reset and then reprovision them through option 66. Please follow the below guide on how to resolve your issue: https://www.3cx.com/Sip-Phones/Cisco-SPA/#h.t1bqrzr3bieo

spizzy74 likes this.
  9. spizzy74

I'm running 3cx version 12.5... where can i find the provisioning link for my cisco SPA-512G-noname to manually provision it via web url?

the interface in https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/cisco-spa501g/ is newer than mine.

10. Keegan Mills

I just ran into this exact problem only with Polycom Sound Point IP501 phones. Based on this post:

https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/v15-finding-provisioning-files/

the <macAddress>-phone.cfg files are built in real time as the phone asks for them. I deleted the old .cfg files out of my provisioning folder, reset the phones as instructed but still could not get them to register.

I ended up getting wireshark out and watching the exchange between the phone and the 3CX server. the phone asks 3CX for <macAddress>-phone.cfg and 3CX says 404 file not found.

I restored the .cfg files I threw away, manually edited the password and the phone registered on the next boot.

as far as I can tell with 15.5, 3CX does not update the phone config files when you change settings in the console.

11. spizzy74

can anyone help with this? there has to be a way to manually provision the phone...i just need the link to the correct phone file in 12.5...

12. Keegan Mills

It will (or should) be in your provisioning folder. I'm running 3CX on Windows Servers so the provisioning directory is
    <system drive>\ProgramData\3cx\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<generatedFolderName>

spizzy74 likes this.
  13. spizzy74

Thanks, Keegan - you saved me a lot of headache. I owe you a beer if you ever come to Nashville. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.