Changeing time before phone starts dialing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by complea, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. complea

Hi.

I'm wondering if it is possible to change the time i takes from you have finished dialing before the system puts the call through!? Normally i will dial a number, internal or external, and then i will have to wait for about 6 seconds before the phone starts ringing, unless i press the "dial" button on my Siemens phone then it will start to ring right away. I know this i a timer that has been set as a period where the 3cx system is waiting to see if you are done dialing but 6 seconds seems like quite a while and I know this will become an issue with some customers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Lukas

Can't answer in general, but with the hardware I use this is set up on the phone, not on the PBX. Once the PBX receives the sip message from the phone there is no need to way as you can't add more digits...

3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

It depends on the phone model the exact terminology and where it is placed in the system, but usually configured in the SIP area.

Look for the Short Interdigit Timer and Long Interdigit Timer. Change the Long Interdigit timer to something shorter but not too short

The other way is to create a custom dial plan but this can be complicated

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You don't say which Siemens model you are using. I had a look through the manual for S450 IP DECT set. It doesn't appear that that particular model is equipped with facilities to set up an internal dialplan. It does state that you can place calls by dialling the number and then pressing the Talk key, the same way you would on a mobile phone. That should send the call through right away. If you are using a different set, then there may be a similar function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.