• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

changes in outbound parameters have no effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierk Erdmann

Reaction score
Hello,

when I change outbound parameters for my SIP trunk, these changes do not have any effect. For example, I changed the outbound parameters "To: User Part" and "To: Display name". But the logs recorded during a call always show the same values, no matter which options I select for the outbound parameters.
After that I even changed other outbound parameters so that the log files should definitely show different values -- but still no change.

However, changing the inbound parameters works correctly as one can see in the log files.
3cx version is: 15.5.0

Does someone have an idea?

Hello @Dierk Erdmann

What are you trying to achieve by changing the outbound parameters ? Are you using a SiP trunk or a gateway? And which parameters are you changing and what are you changing them to?

I am using a SIP trunk. For example I changed the parameter
"From : Display Name" to "outbound caller id" (was: "Leave default value").
And I changed "From : User Part" to "outbound caller id".
But according to the log entries under "activity log" (log level: medium) the SIP messages do not change, the new parameters seem to have no effect.

Is there a setting that disables the customizing of outbound parameters?

Are you seeing the Invite from the trunk of the device? If you are seeing the capture form the device then you will not see any changes in the Outbound invite.
Run a wireshark capture from the activity log and compare the Invite messages .That should give you a definitive answer as to if the changes are applying.

There is no setting that disables the customising of outbound parameters

thanks for your help, in the wireshark I was able to analyse the parameters sent to my SIP trunk provider. Obviously they are correctly set according to the documentation of my provider. However, the CIDR number is still not correctly displayed at the callee's telephone, it only shows the trunks main number - i.e. clip no screening is not working.
I think I have to analyse this in cooperation with my trunk provider.

If the correct information is being sent by the PBX as requested from the provider then it is up to the provider to send the correct caller ID to the callee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.