• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Changes to the Provisioning Templates (Polycom Phones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevswannuk

Reaction score
Yesterday I downloaded an update to the provisioning template for Polycom phones.

The first thing I noticed is that the phone template names have changed (e.g. Polycom 430 is now PolycomSIP430). No much of a problem, however there seems to be an error in the new template.

Whenever I try to provision a new phone I receive an error similar to “%%irstname…” not found. Also get the error when trying to create a new extension.

I understand that this is one of the global tags within the provisioning template, anyone know how to fix it? Was it something I did?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hi,

Could you provide a copy of your template please?

Template Attached, sorry for the delay.

The error message is : an exception occured PhoneStatus Error: Unknown variable '%%blffirstname1%%' in template.

Error is raised whenever I try to reprovision phones.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

Hi,

Template doesnt seem to be attached... also what 3cx version are you running?

Opps, orginal file was too big.

3CX version is 8.0.10824.716

Thanks again, any help very much appreciated.

Kev

Attachments

• 3cx.zip
    42.3 KB · Views: 94
Hi kevswannuk,

I notice that you're also using Polycom handsets ?. Are you using having to use the 'Send' button to dial your calls or have you got dialplan.digitmap settings to work correctly for you ?.

Thanks.

p.s. your username seems to imply that you're in the UK ?, I am so we have at least two UK users using Polycom handsets :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.