Changing Caller-ID

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by eagle2, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to substitute a received Caller-ID in incoming call (i.e. 'session.ani') with another value (obtained from a static table). I can change the 'session.ani' variable, but when call arrives at destination, still the original caller-id is displayed, this means 'session.ani' is containing a copy of the value only and not the system variable containing the original caller-id for the call.

This should be something similar to reformatting caller-id, but only prefixes, but the entire CLIP.

Regards,
    Orlin.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

No, that is not possible. To do that you will need a custom SIP client that replaces some SIP headers. That is not possible with the VAD.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    thanks for reply.

Infact I want to implement a kind of system, where I can call the 3CX (number B) from my mobile (number A) and to be able to dial external number (number C). For this purpose I need to send a specific CLIP (number B), the VAD transfer component infact sends the original number (A) which in general is the correct behavior, unless the provider is blocking the call because of the number A CLIP.

Any idea how to implement this? For specific reason (customer project) I want to do this with VAD, let say I need a specific transfer component where I can control some parameters, like in outgoing settings for a provider.

Otherwise I can achieve it using Outgoing Caller-ID for extension.

Another related question -- in the above situation, how the VAD transfer component is related to outbound rules, e.g. how can 3CX understand this is transferred call by VAD to external destination and to apply specific outbound rule (it is not belonging to any extension group and is overriding rules based on extension groups or single extensions, etc.) ?

--

In one of your recent postings you mention that a new release of VAD is expected soon. Any clues ?

Kind regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VAD_Support

You cannot control those parameters from the VAD. The Transfer component does not support that kind of manipulation over the SIP message.

You can use a specific transfer rule if you add some prefix to the transfer destination. For example, transfer to number C using 0 + C, then the outbound rule applies to numbers starting with 0, and you strip 1 digit, so you make the desired transfer, and use the rule you need.

We're not 100% sure yet, but maybe the next version of VAD is released with 3CX v11. That should be Q1 2012.

Regards,

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

There are providers that allow you to send any caller-id, i.e. you may send number-A instead of number-B when call is transferred / forwarded to number-C. This is not the problem. I'm asking how to do this in 3CX. The only option for above is to send 'originating caller-id' in the provider settings, which is doing the job.

It is not difficult for example to implement a simple VAD project where you can call your 3CX (on some number 'B') from your mobile ('A'), having been authorized on Caller-ID basis, asked for destination ('C') and been transferred to it. It makes more sense to send number 'A' if your provider allows, otherwise you may send number 'B' (common for the PBX) or any of your other numbers. In case your provider is now allowing sending number 'A', you may even create several outgoing rules (and providers) where can send different numbers 'B', depending on 'A', if you have several persons calling the PBX from their mobiles (not suitable for many users).

I want to achieve something else -- calling the PBX from a mobile, home, etc. and been authorized (by caller-id, pin) to be able to make further calls (internal & external) as an extension in the PBX (yours) and utilizing your rights, caller-ID, etc. The idea in 3CX is to do this, after enabling it, via voice-mail menu, still I didn't managed to achieve desired functionality. Any ideas ?

Regards

6. VAD_Support

Well, this is not something you can do with the VAD. The VAD does not allow to change SIP fields.

Something you can try if you have programming knowledge is using the Call Control API, but I'm not sure if it allows doing it. You would have to make some tests. Here is the documentation:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/

Maybe you can submit your idea to ideas.3cx.com and if this becomes a very requested feature the 3CX team could develop it into 3CX.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You mean, like a DISA trunk???

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Real-DISA-trunk-access/71757-9854

8. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, something like DISA (for example what you can do with Panasonic like 'Walking COS' and DISA, if experienced).

I have a customer willing to make calls from mobile phones to the PBX and after that to make an outgoing call to his customers without revealing mobile numbers (most providers will not allow this however). The problem is he insists any of the users to make an outside call on behalf of their desktop extension, i.e. user 'A' calling the PBX from his mobile, to make an outside call like extension 'A', user 'B' like extension 'B', etc. -- 1:1 relationship between mobile number and extension number. Calls should pass through PBX also for price reasons (using cheaper providers).

regards

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That is just an additional option to the DISA trunk request then...a table where the DISA password or caller ID used for incoming access could be linked to a specific extension number. That way any call placed via the DISA would follow outbound rules and pick up outgoing caller ID just as if the call were being placed from the actual extension.

Any that were not in the table would fall into a "general" category and follow outbound rules in place for the "DISA group", which would be like any other extension group.

10. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Hi Leejor,

yes, indeed -- this is what needed in this specific project. I thought I would be able to modify caller-id via VAD, unfortunately not. Could be a good idea to have bigger access to system variables in the next VAD releases.

Kind regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.