Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Changing Digital Assistant remotely without a remote ext.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by earthwing, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earthwing

I have a customer (school) that needs to call from a home telephone or mobile into the 3CX system and change the digital receptionist. This is a critical need because snow and fog requires the administrators to change a message to advise parents and staff of late starts or class/school cancellations. The uses do not want a 3cx extension on their personal mobile phones.
    They do not have broadband so I cannot provide a remote extension. Is there a way I can accomplish this?

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Re: Changing Digital Assistant remotely without a remote ext

If you/the user are remoting into the pbx simply select the extension you will have the call go to and put in the persons cell phone number whom will make the recording and check the box to ring mobile number simultaneously they will then be able to record the new digital receptionist prompt from their cell phone. Or that person can add 3cx softphone to a computer/laptop and only open when it is needed if they arent also against that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.