Changing Inbound Rule Ineffective

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DavidWebb, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidWebb

I had v15 SP1 working well with the free license key. I bought a pro license and instead of them upgrading my free key, I got a new key. So to apply it, I made a backup which excluded the license key and then reinstalled and used the backup with the new pro key. Everything seems to be working properly, except now whenever someone calls our DID, it goes straight to my extension no matter what I put as the inbound rule. I had it that way during testing with the free version, so that's what got put in the backup, and for some reason no matter what I change the inbound too, or how I do it, it always stays going straight to my extension. Anyone else having any issues like this?

2. travstoll

Not sure if its the same thing, but there are reports of other inbound rule issues. I experienced something similar to what you are mentioning, but deleted by thread as a dup to the below.

Seems like there are a fair amount of us seeing inbound rule issues, so hopefully 3CX has a response or workaround soon.

settings-disappearing-45654.html

3. norekhov

3CX Support

Yes there are some bugfixes in SP2 for inbound rules. I hope this one will also go away.

But please check if you have DIDs for your trunk for your Inbound rules. Otherwise they won't be routed properly

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DavidWebb

Yes, we have a single DID for testing and I'm fairly sure the inbound rule working correctly before I did the backup/restore thing.

I'll come back after SP2 and post if it's fixed or not.

5. jms

jms

Single DID huh?

I bet if you edit the properties of your SIP Trunk you will have an entry on the General tab under "Routing of calls to Main Number".

6. DavidWebb

Well, for some reason changing it from there seems to have worked. I'm fairly sure I tried changing it there before, but maybe I'm wrong. I'ts still a bug that changing it anywhere else appears to have made the change, but doesn't.

Thanks JMS

7. jms

jms

Changing it there works if the DID is the same as the trunk number.

You could have ten or a hundred DIDs coming in on that trunk. If someone dials the main trunk number, that rule is executed. If they dial one of the other DIDs, you want to have a rule under Inbound Rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.