Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Changing outgoing caller id as needed ( id spoofing )

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by checkyoursix, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. checkyoursix

I am considering a change from Trixbox/Asterisk to a 3CX system. One of the main features I don't want to lose is being able to change my outgoing caller id. Right now I can change the caller id by simply typing in a 2 digit code at the beginning of the call and then type the number I want displayed to the person I am calling + the number I want to call. I can also call into my system from my cell phone and make a call out from my system by doing the same thing but from my cell.

Can a 3CX machine be set up to do the same?

This is my fist post....I tried to find the answer on my own but had no luck.

Thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have never seen anything on changing the outgoing number on an "as needed" basis.

3. willow

willow Member

You can not do it with a code but you can do it with sip trunks and the myphone web portal. On the extension settings page there is a Outbound Caller ID feild that can be changed to anything that you want. the only gotcha is that you need a sip trunk that supports it and it has be understood by the carrier. Its funny what people try and do with a pbx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.