changing record path

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Michaelhal, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michaelhal

Hi there ,

Working on a vad project its going great so far , but i am having some trouble changing te record path.
    I want to be able to save recorded files to c:\ivr\recorded.

expression used in record component : 'C:\\ivr\\recorded'

But when i use this path in my expressions it returns me an error : this is a physical path but a virtual path was expected.

I tryed to make a virtual path using abyss , i enabled the console and created a virtual path \recorded with a physiscal path C:\IVR\recorded

and tried different expressions to save when i tryed '\\recorded','record','.wav' it returns me that it has failed to map the path.

and tried 'recorded\\','record','.wav' but then it tries to save`s to default folder Interface>ivr>Projectname
    (this works of course but its not what i want )

and i tryed many more but still no luck

Note : 3cx v10 using abyss

am i doing something wrong here ?

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi Michael,

This seems to be a bug. The created application should check if the path is full or not, and just use Server.MapPath when the path is relative.

I have 2 possible solutions for this:
    1) Use a relative path. For example, instead of 'C:\\IVR\\recorded' use '..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\IVR\\recorded'. That should work, but is not very easy to read...
    2) Keep your code with the expression 'C:\\ivr\\recorded' and change the generated ASPX file after the project has been deployed. You will have something like this:
    Code:
    postedFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath(fileName));
    You can change it for this:
    Code:
    postedFile.SaveAs(fileName);
    But this requires that you manually make this change after each deployment.

We'll make the fix for the next version to automatically detect each case and adjust it.

Thanks,

3. Michaelhal

Ty option 2 worked for me ,

good and fast support too

keep up the good work guys !!

4. MediaHound

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Avid 3CX user.

When changing the recording path, does a service (or more) need to be restarted?

I changed the recording path and recordings seem to not be happening at the expected location.

Trying to figure out what I may have done wrong.

Thanks for your help.

5. VAD_Support

Hi there,

Are you referring to the recording path of 3CX? The option you configure in the 3CX console? Or do you mean changing the recording path into a VAD app?

If you mean changing the recording path into a VAD app, then you just need to re-deploy your app, no service restart is required.

Kind regards,

6. MediaHound

Sorry, I guess I posted off-topic. I actually meant the one configured in the 3CX console, not a VAD app. Any particular service I need to restart for changes to kick in? Recordings are not saving where I expect them to save. I previously had no problems with saving until I decided to change the desired destination for them.

7. VAD_Support

Please make your post in the general 3CX forum. Something I remember about 3CX recordings is that network locations used to have problems, if you're using a network share, that could be the cause. In that case, you should use a local folder, and then move the files using some script.

8. MediaHound

Yes it is a mapped alias, but the browse function does see it, so that's odd. I'll post in the proper place, thanks again for the tip.

9. VAD_Support

Yes, but that's because you see it under your user. The 3CX Phone System service runs under LocalSystem account and that account doesn't have the external drive mapped. That's the problem...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.